Holidays or whatever we are calling them

Those who know me know that I’m not really into the trading of “stuff” on holiday occasions. HOWEVER, I am totally into giving and getting functional gifts that help make life easier, all year round.

Short story: I once got small bike lights as a gift. One might think that would be a little odd since I have access to an entire bike shop’s worth of lights if I really need them. But I really appreciated those lights and I still use them a lot. It’s one of those things that can’t hurt to have extras of, plus when you need one and you aren’t near a shop, it is invaluable to have them kicking around. Moral: don’t underestimate a cyclist’s needs even if it seems like they have everything.

Any of the following type of items usually translates into a pretty decent gift:

1. Something that is used regularly, especially if having extras is helpful (instead of clutter)
  2. Something that a person didn’t know they needed until they got it
  3. Something that a person needs or wants but wouldn’t consider buying for themselves because it feels decadent

We have a few items that might fall into this category. So if you have a cyclist in your life, hopefully these ideas might help inspire a useful gift in this season of generosity.

Lights

Lights are one of those things that every cyclist KNOWS they need but when it comes time to pick one up, often chooses the bare minimum or doesn’t want to spend too much money. But a bit more up front can get you something head and shoulders above the basic blinky. Why not splurge on safety for the cyclist in your life?

Bells

Widek bells are made in Holland by people who know what biking is all about. Having a plain old bell is the law, but having a nice bell should be!

Locks

Time to upgrade that department store cable lock? Or maybe that old U lock is jamming every 3rd time it gets used… We received our entire spring shipment early so you’ll be helping us make space by buying now instead of later!

Brooks Saddles

Everyone wants one but not everyone wants to treat themselves. These rarely go on sale but it’s so warm out, maybe it’s time for a winter exception.  Let’s do 15% off for seasonal cheer purposes!

Racks and Panniers

The first day I took my backpack off and clipped a pannier to my bike, my life changed forever. For many it feels like a big leap purchase, but it’s worth every penny. Get ready to hear “I should have done this years ago” when you give the gift of panniers! 15% off Brooks or Arkel. Or our last pair of Brooks Devon for half price. Yes, 50% off. Buy a rack with your panniers and we’ll include free installation for the recipient.

Schwalbe Marathon Tires

These tires are amazing. They roll fast, they are comfortable, and they resist punctures from annoying bits of glass, staples and other debris. But they are a bit pricey, so many of us have a hard time justifying it. Category 3 gift giving at its finest! 10% off all marathon series tires (including winter spikes)!

No cyclist would be upset to receive any of these. ANd if they are, we will always honour exchanges with a smile.

Stay tuned for more ideas over the coming days!

Please share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • TwitThis
  • Facebook
Subscribe to blog posts via email or via RSS.
Posted in News
27 comments on “Holidays or whatever we are calling them
  1. Nelson says:

Nice sharing. I am alos looking for upgrades in my bike for the next holiday. Looking for some best resources regarding bike upgrades..

2. sadiajAN says:

In a word this is a great post.“The whole notion of animal husbandry and treating the animals with respect and teaching people how to treat the animals correctly is huge.”Vestvox is a crowd sourced commercial real estate marketplace that helps brokers, investors and tenants discover, market, purchase and lease on a value driven platform. Restaurant Space For Sale

3. ukbestessays says:

4. aziz says:

very great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.

5. Website says:

I liked the way you wrote the article. It was very straightforward and your knowledge on the subject is fantastic.

6. Tamisha says:

camping have been the best activity that we can have during the summer, i love to roast marshmallows on a campfire`

7. Great post Sean. You are absolutely right about these ideas and such gifts are always good, especially when these are so good in its beauty and performance. I like that you are so good in these ideas and share it here for us.

8. Interesting post. I love the idea of a functional gift, it just makes a whole lot of sense.

9. I am experiencing difficulty considering groomsmen presents for my two siblings. One is 14… he is huge into games and sort of a skater-rocker… be that as it may, I truly think he would preferably have something useful instead of only a trinket. The other sibling is 24 and goes to the Naval Academy (so implies very little partying)… I'm trapped! If you don't mind help me! Any thoughts would be extraordinarily refreshing

10. Home Page says:

I only like to have my spin bike when i am going for a long tour as i am really fitness conscious. And also my bike for off road biking.

11. morph suit says:

like this, ideal for holiday,

12. Ali says:

A debt of gratitude is in order regarding composition such a decent article, I lurched onto your online journal and read a couple of post. I like your style of composing… cable management

13. topi demang says:

wooww,, Brooks,, it's sound of "quality' 🙂

14. yusuf says:

I like that you are so good in these ideas and share it here for us.

15. anderson says:

Very informative content.
    american bully.

16. Friv Juegos says:

Thanks for sharing this. I found it really useful.

17. Visit today for massive discounts on road bikes, hybrid bikes & MTB. We offer cycling accessories at low prices.

18. Frip says:

Thanks for sharing this post!

19. 999drugs.com says:

It is true, there is no cyclist who will be upset to get cycling accessories as a gift. Any deals this year?

20. Blas says:

A great article, I needed this information, thank you. Juegos Friv Online

21. clashrealm.com says:

how to hack clash royale The tool will give you the solution.

22. Jane's Walk says:

Your site is amazing! I am very inspired to read your content

Double Chair Bed

23. well done admin amazing sources sharing…