- Fat Bike Rentals!
- Bike Night in Hamilton: Open Late on Thursdays
- Arkel and Brooks Pannier Sale
- Fall is here and so are the DEALS!
- Closed for Canada Day
Downtown Bike Hounds (affectionately known as Bikehounds or DBH) is downtown Hamilton’s only full service bicycle shop. While it makes little sense to pigeonhole any bike shop into a specific cycling category, we can safely say that we have a noticeable slant toward commuter cycling, utility/cargo biking, city bikes and the cycling lifestyle (i.e. using your bike as a tool in every day life).
Keep up with us…
- Looking for a used bike? Our up to date stock list is here.
- Check out our blog for all news and announcements
- Subscribe to receive email updates of blog posts – this includes bike arrivals, new items and other shop news (or subscribe via RSS).
- Follow us on Twitter
- Become a fan on Facebook, or check out our events listings.
Yes, we do!
- We love bikes, and we want to keep yours rolling.
- We service and repair bicycles – just about anything you can throw at us!
- We carry nicely priced new parts to keep you running without breaking the bank.
- We salvage and encourage the reuse of used parts at great prices.
- We sell new bicycles (generally slanted toward urban/utility use)
- We accept donations of used bikes in any condition. Please don’t scrap any bikes!
- We sell used bikes that are fully refurbished, often running better than new.
- We offer Hamilton’s best selection of bags, panniers, racks and baskets.
- We carry and install Xtracycle cargo bike conversion kits.
- We offer consignment services (providing you follow our consignment rules).
- We accept interac debit payments, cash and credit cards.
- We want to see everyone riding bicycles!
No, we don’t:
- We do not have an elitist attitude toward any bicycle or rider.
- We do not tolerate bicycle theft or bike thieves.
- We do not service suspension systems or hydraulic brakes.
- We do not buy bikes through the door.
- We do not buy tools, paintball guns, clothing, etc (we are not a pawn shop!)
- We do not carry new, high end off-road or racing bikes (our bikes are generally more city/commuter/cargo oriented).
- We do not sell, install, nor condone the use of gasoline engine kits.
- We do not service bikes with gasoline engines.
- We do not service scooters (either road scooters or mobility scooters)nor e-bikes.